For example, the Xeon E5450 is equivalent to a 3.0 GHz Core 2 Quad Q9650, and it currently costs about $14 on eBay (usually much less than the Q9650).

• Robert Wilcoxson April 27, 20189:13 pm

Asus p5q pro with both x5460 clocked to 3.9Ghz and x5450 clocked to 3.6Ghz. Left everything on auto except fsb clock. At 3.9 the 5460 starts to get a bit warm(mid 60s) with zalmon 9500 at. Bios mod was fairly idiot proof with mmtool. I must be crazy but I have my ga-z97-sli with 32gb of ram sitting in a box while I play with this antiquated hardware in its case. I also have a foxconn p41a g mb that worked with the x5450 but not the x5460. Both cpus are the older stepping. The foxconn board doesn’t seem capable of fsb more than 343 before crashing so overclocking is quite limited. Also difficult to find non ecc ram in 4gb sticks of ddr2 800(board only has 2 slots) for a reasonable price .

• Robert Wilcoxson April 27, 20189:27 pm

I’d also like to add that an 1/8″ router bit in a Dremel worked fine to cut notches in the cpu pcb instead of hacking on the mb.

• Alex_pnz May 4, 20185:43 am

Motherboard Asus P5Q Turbo – flashed your firmware for 771 – normal flight to Core Duo E8400, then inserted Xeon 5450. At the first download flown Windows, tried several more times – the same thing. Started from the disk memtest – solid memory errors. Tried all the bars – the same thing. Changed back on the Core Duo E8400 – it’s all right. In this case, the percentage is normally displayed in the BIOS and does not produce errors.
    I tried the other mother P5QL-CM – the same procedure – both of them work on firmware under 771.
    Can the BIOS on the Asus P5Q Turbo be broken?

• batyanko May 7, 20188:45 am

Tested Xeon E5410 on the following boards:

1. Lenovo L-IG41M2 V. 1.0 (Lenovo ThinkCentre A70), Socket G41: Seems to work fine at FSB 1333 MHz.

2. ASUS P5B-V, Socket P965: Runs with POST warning and at reduced clock due to FSB at only 1066 MHz.

• John Bradley May 10, 20188:22 pm

Just running an X5450 in an ASUS P5P41D works ok bar the Update you BIOS message.

• Rad May 11, 20187:33 pm

MB Asus P5N-D rev 1.02G
    Xeon E5450 E0 revision – two diffirent processors
    Full reset of BIOS – through jumper

MB start with default settings. During OCCT tests two processors are over heating.

I have nice cooler Golden Orb II

Best regards. Rad

• Anonymous May 13, 20184:02 pm

Maybe OCCT reads temperature incorrectly? TjMAX for E5450 = 85C. Many programs read temperature with TjMAX = 100C (+15C increase). Use realtemp from http://www.techpowerup.com and set the correct value of TjMAX.

Cooler looks to be efficient enough – CL-P0220 can’t support CPU over 130W and it’s better for 90W CPU use. But E5450 TDP is 80W. Check settings in BIOS for voltage, FSB etc., check thermal paste and cooler mounting.

• Doniyor May 11, 20189:45 pm

I cannot find bios to my mothetboard. On my motherboard written M143D REV 2.0. What should I do ?

• Doniyor May 11, 20189:46 pm

Just I wanna update my bios.

• Emad May 12, 20185:56 am

I tried this mod on my system and it worked! Guess this comment would be useful for those who have the same board as mine!
    My system configuration is:
    Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP43T-USB3 (rev 1.0)
    BIOS version: F4
    CPU: Intel Xeon X5460 3.16GHz
    Works perfectly on Windows 10 (version 1803 build 17134.48). Though some Intel Processor Diagnostic Tool tests didn’t pass and failed!
    Didn’t tried linux but it DOES NOT work correctly with Mac OS/hackintosh and have some sirious issues!

• Bongeng May 12, 20181:30 pm

Help me, please?
    I tried to install xeon e5450 for replacing my old processor Core2duo e8400, but I have problem with my windows after the installation.
    At the first boot time, it became so long, I waited until 7 minutes for running into the windows, and the cpu usage always at 50%, it made my windows very very lag.
    Finally, I replaced my e8400 again, and my windows was going back to normal.
    Here is my Pc:
    Motherboard Ecs G41T-R3
    Ram 2 x 2GB 10666
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
    Psu FSP Hexa 500w

• Alex_pnz May 14, 20184:10 pm

C1E/C-Step/EIST – Disabled

• Bongeng June 12, 20183:40 pm

Thank u very much, it’s work.

• Atharva May 16, 20182:32 am

MSI G31TM-P21 (MSI 7529 v1.6)
    i actually have the same board so i just wanted to know did you add any microcode to the bios ,the last bios update from MSI was Version 4.7 (A7529IMS.470) and i am running the same 4.7 bios version.
    Curenntly using Intel E5400 dual core.
    So if i use E5450 will i need to update the microcode for my bios???