For example, the Xeon E5450 is equivalent to a 3.0 GHz Core 2 Quad Q9650, and it currently costs about $1 on eBay (usually much less than the Q9650).

• ATARI July 21, 20187:07 pm

successfully mod with xeon X5450 with ASUS P5K Deluxe/Wi-fi AP ( bios microcode applied )

• Sach A July 24, 20183:27 am

Hello I have a intel dg965lv mother board and would like to know whether I can upgrade from a core duo e6300 to xeon e5450. It is a gateway pc and its an intel mother board so i do not really know what should I do about the bios. Help is appreciated!

• Math July 24, 20188:12 pm

Hello, I have P5K/EPU P35 Chipset motherboard, is it possible to run x5460 cpu on it? Thank you.

• Math July 26, 20187:58 pm

Can anyone make me a bios, I already have this board and cpu but i had problems with flashing and my bios cant boot anymore so im waiting for usb bios programmer now hoping to reslove my problem.

• dientm July 25, 201812:50 am

Dear all,
    I’ve Gigabyte EP45-DS3LR with Xeon E5462.
    I updated newest Bios (added microcode) but cant boot.
    It’s working well with E8500 2x2Gb Ram + windows 7 Ultimate x64.
    Any suggest in this prolem?
    Thanks for help me.

• Big Smoke July 25, 201810:12 am

Did you correctly attach the Mod Sticker?

• dientm July 25, 20188:17 pm

Yes. The mod sticker was correct onto it and attached it to GA g31 it work normally.

• Eric July 25, 201812:20 pm

That board is fairly similar to the EP43-UD3L that I tried yesterday. I don’t know if this matches your problem, but the initial boot cycled 3-5 times before allowing me into BIOS– I almost thought it wasn’t working until it finally settled down. I didn’t think to load setup defaults before switching CPUs. I expect some residual overclock settings lead to the cycle of resets.

• dientm July 25, 20188:22 pm

Thats can’t boot. The phase led in Mobo was light and of several times, I wait it about 15min but can’t boot.
        I just update micro code but it still have a signal like a beer or etc…

• Eric July 25, 201812:02 pm

I have two reports of success

1) GA-965P-DS3 R3.3 works with E5450 (E0) [this mobo already listed as working with E5450]

2) GA-EP43-UD3L R1.1 works with E5450 (E0) [this mobo predicts success with all]

• Pallab Kumar Das July 29, 201810:14 am

I have Intel DG41WV motherboard and I am willing to buy Xeon X5460 ( already modded for LGA 775 ) from Aliexpress. Will it work perfectly? Please help me.

• Mike July 30, 20186:59 pm

I have successfully installed X5460 into both Dell Vostro 220 and 420 mobos

• Bernd P August 3, 201812:09 pm

Just bought some Adapter stickers via ebay for my emachines EL1580 (oem brand = acer).
    Put an Intel Xeon X5450 onto its socket and voila this works well. Windows reports 4 Cores, 3,00 GHz . One thing is: The Fan runs at quite high speed because it gets a bit hotter. (90W w Standard CPU, 120W with an adapted xeon 1333/12M/3GHz on the socket). Maybe it would need a better cooler.

• Bernd P August 5, 20187:43 am

Addition to my above comment:
      It IS necessary in the most cases to apply Microcode patches for the respective Xeon CPUs into the BIOS file of the LGA 775 Motherboard (using MMtool), otherwise the CPU won’t run with Windows 8.1 or 10 (Windows 7 already runs without having the microcodes patched but the fan runs at fullspeed all the time e.g.).
      So, again the eMachines EL1850 now runs perfectly with it on 3 GHz.
      (and it also would be capable to use the 3.15 and 3.33 GHz CPUs with 1333 MHz FSB as well).

• tritelcul156 August 5, 20183:32 am

E5450 and E5430 working on GA-EP31-DS3L.
    *note, this board accepts maximum 4GB of ram, despite having 4 ram slots.

• tritelcul156 August 5, 20183:39 am

E5430 working on ASUS P5K-V. Bios is version 1002.

E5450 not working on the same board.