For example, the Xeon E5450 is equivalent to a 3.0 GHz Core 2 Quad Q9650, and it currently costs about $14 on eBay (usually much less than the Q9650).

• AITIRE September 17, 201810:15 am

Tested GA-EP45-UD3LR with Xeon x5460. Works fine.

• Null September 24, 20182:25 am

MSI G41M-P33 (MS-7592 / VER: 3.0) [Not the Combo model] with Xeon E5450 (SLBBM / E0) made it pass post but failed to boot Windows 10 at first. Then I flashed my modded bios and now it works great; no issues here. Should have flashed it first, thank goodness for M-Flash.

Thank to everyone involved with this guide.

• Yaboi September 26, 20183:23 pm

Am i the only one that go lost at the part where it listed the geforce 9400 GPU as a compatible chipset?

• doomydan September 29, 201810:15 pm

Gigabyte EP35-DS4
    E5450 (SLANQ)

Flawless! Running stable at 3.78GHz.
    Almost perfectly matched with a Geforce GTX1050, where they kind of bottleneck each other depending on the game.

• Albert October 4, 20188:51 am

Did you flash the bios?

• Eu Gene September 30, 20189:24 am

MSI P45T-C51 working well with X5460 revision E0 (SLBBA)

Running at stock 3.16GHz

Used BIOS update found at: http://genius239239.myweb.hinet.net/771/?MywebPageId=2014121394614106094

• Albert October 4, 20188:53 am

When i start the bios with the first boot device on the usb downloaded on that page, appear that message: Disk Failure,no system found… Or something similar, what can i do? Motherboard: Foxconn G31MXP
      Cpu: Xeon e5450

• doomydan October 13, 201810:16 pm

BIOS modded with updated microcodes in accordance to this guide.

• Michael October 6, 20186:46 am

ASUS P5Q Turbo worked with X5470 and modified BIOS from genius239239.

• FatNinja October 6, 201810:31 am

did not work on intel dg33bu with xeon e5450 co stepping, although the q9550 does work on this board. did work on asus p5ql-vm epu, after micro cord revision.

• Neil October 6, 201811:10 am

Hi there anyone know where I can get two 4gb sticks of ddr2 ram.

• Michael October 6, 201812:00 pm

Try to search on aliexpress and ebay with keyword “ddr2 intel”

• Pushti October 10, 20184:28 am

Hello,

I have mounted a Xeon X5470 3.33 GHZ / 1333 FSB / 120 W TDP on my very old Asus P5B SE (around 10 years) and it worked for me after modifying and installing the custom BIOS file as described on this website – thank you for this and for the accurate description and instructions.
    I have paired the X5470 with a “Thermalright AXP-100H Muscle” CPU cooler and the processor stays at around 47-50 degrees C on a hot day in idle and at around 65-68 degrees C on full load (tested with Orthos Prime and measured the temperature with Speccy and CoreTemp). I also only have two exhaust fans for the case, so I think the temperatures are quite alright in this situation.

The Xeon that I bought was already adapted for the LGA 775 socket and after using it for about 7-8 months, this is what I can tell you about it:

– the custom BIOS file MUST be installed as described on this website (thank you again) to make it register correctly when starting the PC

– I have lowered the base clock from 333 MHz to about 323-324; when I used the full 333 the system was unstable

– my DDR2 memory runs at around 400-405 MHz and is set in the motherboard BIOS as “DDR2-667”- in my case, going lower or higher (see base clock above) made the system unstable

– in my case, the Xeon DOES work, but IT DOES NOT work perfectly – I still get a blue screen every now and then, but this does not bother me, since I only bought the Xeon to play with it with and with the P5B SE adaption. My Windows 10 installation is also quite old.

– To sum up: I did not spend that much on the Xeon and, as mentioned before, I bought it to try to make it run on the P5B SE. As I have said, I have been using it for about 7-8 months now and I can say I am quite satisfied with the results so far. As a piece of advice: keep your old LGA 775 CPU and BIOS file as backup in case things go wrong.

Again, I wish to thank the creators of this website for the clear and accurate pieces of information and instructions provided.

Best wishes!
    Pushti

• Pushti October 10, 20184:36 am

just to be clear:
      the memory runs at 400-405 MHz in CPU-Z which would make it around 800-810 MHz DDR2 (double data rate)
      This seems to be a “sweet spot” since going lower or higher caused system instability.

• sinan October 11, 201811:06 am

İntel Skyburg Dp45SG motherboard modular xeon 5460 processor did not work did not find the bios Thank you