For example, the Xeon E5450 is equivalent to a 3.0 GHz Core 2 Quad Q9650, and it currently costs about $14 on eBay (usually much less than the Q9650).

• tailland October 14, 201810:19 pm

I’m about to order a pre-modded E5450 for my GA-EP45-DS3L.
    Do I also need to create a modified BIOS for this?

• Michal October 15, 201812:57 pm

Got this cpu and motherboard and no modifications in BIOS are needed.

• tailland October 15, 20184:34 pm

Not just to run it, but also to unlock all of the CPU’s features ? That would be great.
        I was already happy enough to have found genius239’s website, for he has a pre-modded BIOS for the board.

• Adrián October 15, 20186:46 pm

Hi, I have an X5460 in a G31M7-it works fine. I bought a p5p41t-le but I can not find the corresponding microcodecs. I downloaded these pages but none worked.
    I need to mount the Xeon in the mother ASUS since it is a newer technology.
    I would appreciate any help. Regards.-

• Chris October 19, 20185:50 am

E5450 works fine on Fujitsu D2841-A1 after microcode update with Update-tool from Fujitsu Website. (got some microcode error before with only updated BIOS)

• Brad October 19, 20188:58 pm

Was able to get Xeon L5240 working on Abit IP35 Pro with bios revision 17 in Win 8.1 Pro. Had to reset the CMOS jumper to have it recognize it. CPU id showed E3110 in the header and L5240 in the detail section.

• sulko October 20, 20185:44 am

DFI LANPARTY BI P43-T34. Xeon E5450 works fine.

• RayF October 20, 20182:21 pm

Is the GA-Q35M-S2 motherboard compatible with x3363?

• Joey October 25, 201811:43 am

Intel Xeon X5460 successfully tested on Gigabyte GA-EP31-DS3L rev 2.0, with modded bios, downloaded and flashed from: http://genius239239.myweb.hinet.net/771/

• Mugur Stefan November 1, 20181:57 pm

L5420 works with DELL 380, EP45T UD3R and EP45 UD3RL ,

X3353 works with EP45T UD3R and Intel DQ45CB

• PaulieLUL November 5, 20187:38 am

Old cpu: C2Q Q6600
    New CPU: Xeon X5460 (SLBBA)
    Mobo: Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L (newest bios version from official website – F9)
    RAM: 4X1 GB DDR2 800 MHz Transcend
    PSU: 620W Seasonic
    GPU: Asus HD7970 DirectCU II

With the new Xeon the PC goes to bios without a problem, it shows xeon running at 3.16 GHz (which is the stock speed. But when I start booting from my SSD it is stuck on windows logo forever. Can’t even reinstall the windows (stuck with same problem)
    I tried resetting to default in bios settings and it didn’t help. I will try reset the bios hardware-wise with jumper or by removing CMOS battery. If it won’t help I will try custom bios on the genius website.

• PaulieLUL November 6, 20181:06 am

Update 1: BIOS fully reseted to by shorting 2 pins on the motherboard (no jumper). It didn’t help so I followed the guide how to inject microcodes to the latest bios. When I tried to use Q-flash to update the bios it didn’t recognize the usb thumbstick, only floppy drive A and floppy drive B (which are not even in my computer) I tried two other thumbsticks of course formated to FAT32 before I copied the bios on to it and it still didn’t detect my USB flash drive. Guess I will have to either put old cpu back and somehow it will be fixed or updated the bios via command prompt in windows.

• PaulieLUL November 6, 20182:13 am

If anyone is interested I can send over latest bios (F9) for GA-P35-DS3L injected with Xeon 1067a (X5460) CPUID microcodes.

• PaulieLUL November 12, 20184:58 am

Update 2: I was finally able to flash my bios with the bios + xeon microcodes, I had to do it with the old hardrive in bios with utility called @bios. Everything works now, running X5460 at 4 GHz, 1.325 V

• Igor Havran November 5, 201812:28 pm