For example, the Xeon E5450 is equivalent to a 3.0 GHz Core 2 Quad Q9650, and it currently costs about $6 on eBay (usually much less than the Q9650).

• William Pete December 21, 201812:47 pm

The Dell Optiplex 380 information is incorrect.
    It supports up to 120W CPUs,and X5470 is confirmed by more than 1 user.
    My own specific computer.

• Mauro December 23, 20188:06 am

I have an Asus p5b with a p965 chipset. I would like to install a Xeno X5482 cpu. I contacted a cpu reseller on aliexpress and he informed me that this type of CPU and others are not compatible with my m / b model. It’s true? Looking at your tables I would say that my m / b is perfectly compatible with the cpu I want.

• Denis January 3, 20194:02 am

Hi Mauro,

your motherboard doesn’t support the CPUs with 1600MHz FSB, you can use the ones with 1333MHz FSB (In theory the X5450 is the best CPU you can use on your motherboard, but I don’t think it will work with the P965 chipset).
      I would recommend to go with the model E5450, since that is probably the best solution for your motherboard. That CPU is tested and working for sure on your mobo.

Best regards!

• Denis January 3, 20194:04 am

Typo error:

In theory the X5470 is the best CPU you can use on your motherboard.

• Mauro January 3, 20194:56 am

Thanks Denis, I’ve just bought a x5460 whit Arctic freezer 13 for cooling. This weekend I will mount all and after leave my experience whit this cpu if work

• RamonRodriguez December 26, 20188:25 pm

I cant seem to extract microcode zip file on the command promt. please help.

• Giulio Trupia December 27, 201810:11 am

I have a xeon x5472. It worked without problem after modding bios with p5kpl-am epu.
    I also tried that processor with p5n73-am with modded bios but there is no way to boot it up, chipset’s heatsink is on fire and the sistem continue to freeze with over voltage error and over temperature error. The problem may be is the fsb of 1600mhz that is supported only on the first mobo. I also have photos to verify.

• Petar January 20, 20198:54 am

Well if the second one doesn’t support 1600MHz FSB of course its not gonna work, you can damage the motherboard like that

• Giulio Trupia January 20, 20199:07 am

I know that. I only say that to inform anyone interested in these mobos and also becouse they Say the p5n73-am supports all xeon but Is not true

• Petar January 20, 201910:03 am

I wanted to reply to his comment, not yours, sorry

• Carlos December 28, 201812:28 pm

I have teasted a Xeon X3220 on a ASUS P5 G41T M LX . It is working perfectly. ;)

• Emrah Kurt December 31, 20181:00 pm

i today buy a X5460 and installed. Work but fan works very fast only now 3000RPM. i need a bios:( please help me.

Lenovo ThinkCentre A70
    Motherboard name: Lenovo L-IG41M2 V1.0
    Bios: 9CKT10AUS
    Bios: AMI
    SMBIOS Version: 2.6

• Petar January 20, 20198:59 am

Tried finding a modded bios online, but it seems that you are on your own.

• Fang Furio January 4, 20193:15 pm

Hey, so based on the info here I picked up an ASUS P5N-T Deluxe mobo to use with my x5470, but the board doesn’t seem to support these chips at all. I’d tried an x5470, x5460, x5472, and an e5450 but none of them have allowed the board to post. I tried with both the most recent bios, unmodded, and with the bios modded with all the microcodes added, but still nothing. I’m not sure if it’s just that the bios modding isn’t working or what, but the board will only post with it’s officially supported chips.

And before anyone asks, I am using a v1.02G model of the board.

• Ossamenta January 5, 20198:24 am

E5450 (1067A) funciona perfecto en asrock g31m-s r2.0 con bios microcode

• Dinnercore January 6, 20198:32 am

I can report that my XFX 780i SLI works well with the X5482! The X5482 needs 1600 FSB, my board only officially supports 1333, but I could manually set FSB to 1600 and it works. Due to the locked multi and high FSB it does not OC well, but it works :)
    I did not have to modify bios for this, SSE 4.1 and VT-x are working.

• Karen January 7, 20196:40 pm

On the list no my Motherbord name ` Gigabyte g41- mt s2 , please say me can i normally use Xeon x5460 without update Bios ??