For example, the Xeon E5450 is equivalent to a 3.0 GHz Core 2 Quad Q9650, and it currently costs about $6 on eBay (usually much less than the Q9650).

• Rizqy_2009 January 8, 20196:53 am

I have an Intel Xeon E5430 CPU that I installed on Gigabyte G41MT-S2PT Rev: 1.0 with bios version F2,
    my computer can run smoothly but doesn’t support Intel Virtual technology, even though I have activated it in my Bios settings. beg for solutions from all friends.
    thank’s

• João Paulo Florea January 11, 20195:28 pm

Ola, gostaria de saber o que preciso fazer para instalar um xeon e5440 em minha placa mae que é uma pegatron IPM41-D3 R1.00… Preciso mexer nos microcódigos e atualizar BIOS? Onde encontro os microcódigos para ele?

• driver7 January 12, 20196:12 pm

Dell Vostro 230 Socket LGA775 Motherboard 7N90W 07N90W

Can I use the xeon x5450 x5460 processor as my motherboard model?

I will translate your answers with a dictionary

The Q9650 and Q9550 know that I can use these two models; but xeon is a cheaper cpu please write nice answers

• driver7 January 12, 20196:18 pm

!!!! Dell Vostro 230 Socket LGA775 Motherboard 7N90W 07N90W !!!!

Can I use the xeon x5450 x5460 processor as my motherboard model?

I will translate your answers with a dictionary

please write nice answers !!!

• Ralf January 13, 20192:57 pm

Asus P5N-D + X5460 Works

BIOS 1401

• Hisham January 15, 20193:51 pm

Asus P5q3 + x5460 works.

• Andrew January 15, 201910:23 pm

Trying to run an E5472 on a Dell Inspiron 530 with a G33M03 motherboard running 1.0.18. I can’t even get to the BIOS. I just get memory error beeps until I put my old Q8300 back in.

• Petar January 20, 20198:49 am

Try switching the place of the modules or try each one by itself

• Andrew January 26, 20191:59 am

The E5472 runs in a normal LGA771 board still but won’t post with the mod on my LGA775 G33M03 board. I put an E5450 in and it worked fine. I used multiple adapters on the E5472 to see if that was the issue.

• Petar January 26, 20193:33 am

Well it seems to me your mobo suppoets only 1333 MHz FSB CPUs and your CPU has 1600 MHz FSB

• Annos January 16, 201911:17 am

Hello. I succesfully installed a E5450 on my771 P35 ds3L motherboard.

The “only” problem I have is that the cpu lowering the multiplier to 6 when on load…
    So I miss the full potential. When I go back to bios I have to reset it to 9. First it stays there in ratio.
    But when on load it is lowering the multiplier and so the fruquency to 2.0 Ghz per core. :(
    The ratio temperature is about 70-80…and when on load it goes to maybe 90. Is it too high and its regulating itself to a lower multiplier then?

• Petar January 20, 20198:48 am

Depending on your Bios settings, yes it is able to lower its clock due to temperature but you can turn that option off but that temperature is too high.

• Miroslav Bazala January 16, 201911:25 am

Hi, I would like to confirm that X5460 (E0) works flawlessly in Asus P5N-D. Works without updating microcodes (bios version .1207)

• Petar January 20, 20198:46 am

Only mobos I heard that work without the microcode are gigabyte mobos.

• Annos January 16, 201912:21 pm

To all that are interessted. I got to managed it. It really was the temperature. My cpu fan was loose.
    Also I cleansed the cooling fins, the fan and the case. And in addition I improved the Thermal compunds by removing a bit from cpu because it was too much maybe and it flushed a bit. And I made sure that the whole cpu was covered with it, with no holes. Now when I was trying to remove any possible mistake I have max 70° at load and average 45 maybe idle. Perfect now, it seems! Thanks for the community who gave the ideas.

• Annos January 16, 201912:27 pm

So the CPU is finally working who it should with full potential now! Iam impressed by the amount of improvement what we got for just ~15 euros! :) The next would be an old new good graphic card

• Annos January 16, 201912:34 pm

Update. Okay Full load: 80°. Hope its still Okay.

• Petar January 20, 20198:45 am

I think that 80 degrees Celsius is a bit too much, but depends on which xeon you used. If it is Xeon x5460 than it should not get over 63-65 degrees

• Annos January 20, 20199:42 am

Thank you very much Petar for your Reply. As I said, it is a x5450. Iam just trying with speedfan to increase the speed of the cpu fan a bit and observing what it does.