For example, the Xeon E5450 is equivalent to a 3.0 GHz Core 2 Quad Q9650, and it currently costs about $6 on eBay (usually much less than the Q9650).

• Rodrigo January 17, 20192:53 pm

Olá!
    Comprei um x5460 para a minha placa g41-vs3 será que vai funcionar???
    Deixei com um tecnico de confiança…
    Alguém sabe me dizer como posso atualizar a bios para esse mod?
    G41-VS3 + X5460

• Rodrigo January 17, 20192:53 pm

Hello!
    I bought an x5460 for my g41-vs3 card will it work ???
    Leave a reliable technician …
    Does anyone know how I can update a bios for this mod?
    G41-VS3 + X5460

• ave January 18, 20199:51 am

Hi!

I bought an X5460 for my Asus P5K-E Wifi AP motherboard.
    Updated the BIOS w/ patched microcodes, and the updated BIOS worked with my original Core 2 Duo E6600 CPU.
    But after I changed the CPU, this error screen was displayed:
    Bad BIOS Checksum… (see screenshot)

Putting back the E6600, all is well, the computer works perfectly.

I tried two different modded BIOS updates, same results. I even tried to erase CMOS with battery out, jumper, waited quite a bit, reverse.

Can it be a faulty CPU? Would be strange, as it works well enough to run this BIOS recovery tool.

Maybe just the pin swap has bad connection? What happens if the pin swap is not done correctly?

• Petar January 20, 20196:35 am

I don’t know if ASUS has a Bios flashing utility, like Gigabyte has Q-flash, but you could try flashing the bios if you haven’t already.

• Petar January 20, 20196:36 am

If not that YOU NEED TO UPDATE THE XEON MICROCODE.

• Petar January 20, 20196:39 am

Sorry i didnt see that u already did it XD. But IDK my gigabyte mobo worked even without microcode update, but cpuz didnt recognize that the cpu had sse4.1,vtx,mmx and all.

• ave January 20, 20196:49 am

I tried at last 5 different BIOS ROM versions. Same results. :(
        I suspect the CPU is at fault, I’ll try to source another.

• Petar January 20, 20196:32 am

I modded a Xeon X5460(E0) to GA-P31-ES3G but I couldn’t mod the bios myself so I had a hard time finding it online. Also tthe only one i found was F7A beta bios. If anyone can mod the F6 bios for me it would be cool, but i can only qflash it bcus bios software updater thingy works only on 32-bit Windows. Bought a AVC 5$ cooler and my temps are: 35 idle, 56 under load. I also got the ASUS GTX 750 TI dual fan 2GB, but im planing to upgrade the mobo, it only supports 4GB ram

• Hugo Steiner January 22, 20196:08 am

I’m running an E5472 on P5P41TD but it seems that the microcodes I tried to instal haven’t worked because I can’t run it on stock clocks it for some reason runs 2.5Ghz instead of 3.0Ghz and I can overclock it only up to 2.93Ghz.
    But I’ll keep on trying and will report later!

• Erick January 24, 201912:10 am

Hi, I bought a Xeon X5460 3.16GHz for an Asrock G31M-S but for it to work I have to do underclock up to 2.8 and sometimes up to 2.6 GHz to make it stable, if I put it to its normal frequency and multiplier (333×9.5) the system will Freeze or a BSOD appears. I need help .Thanks in advance

• Annos January 24, 201910:23 am

Hello Erick. Iam not a specialist to be honest. But I will try to help anyway.

First of all, the motherboard should be compatible to the xeon. When you set to normal frequency, when exactly comes the Freeze or BSOD?

Try the following things:

-Watch the temperature of the cpu. It should not come above maybe 63.
      -Bios reset (to make sure, that options that could make the system unstable will be set to normal)

I have done exact the same things and yet my system is runnning stable now without bluescreen or suddenly restarts.

Hope it could help you.

• Erick January 24, 20197:15 pm

Hello Annos, thank you very much for answering, I checked the temperatures and reached up to 78 ° I changed the heatsink and it went down to 60 ° reestablished the BIOS and the aforementioned happened, the system froze, so I had to do underclock, I left the multiplier to 8 and the frequency to 380, I did a stress test on AIDA64 for an hour and a half and it did not cause me errors, the adjustment to 380×8 has worked quite well.

I would like to know the data of your components to compare them with mine, which are:
        Processor: Intel Xeon 3.16GHz (With Underclock 3.04)
        RAM: 2x2GB Kllisre DDR2 400MHz PC2-6400
        Motherboard: Asrock G31M-S (R1.10)
        Heatsink: Enermax ETS-N30-TAA (Previously had Intel stock)
        Video card: Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti
        Power source: Xtech JSP-600P08N 600W

Thanks in advance

• Annos January 25, 20194:31 am

Hi Erick,

my Pc components are the following:

CPU: Intel Xeon E5450 (3.0 Ghz)
          Motherboard: Gigabyte G35-DS3L (1.0)
          RAM: 2x 2GB Kingston 6400 + 2x1GB GEIL 6400
          GPU: Geforce 9800 GT
          Power Source: 450w

Did you do a BIOS update?

• Erick February 1, 201912:18 pm

Yes, I have the latest version of the BIOS for my board, the 2.10, even with the microcodes for Xeon

• Casey February 1, 20193:00 am

do you have 2 ram modules with different sizes? or different manufacturer? or different chips?

• Erick February 1, 201912:16 pm

No, I have exactly the same modules, same brand, same frequency, and capacity

• Do January 26, 20197:09 am

I’m looking for a ready BIOS under xeon (xeon E5472)
    The EP45T-UD3LR Rev 1.0 motherboard

• LiveDead January 31, 20191:05 am

if not run, start with 1 module of ram

• Domin February 12, 20197:21 pm

how to run it/???
        step by step

• LiveDead February 12, 201910:31 pm

write the file from the 771 folder to the USB flash drive, go to BIOS, press f8, select our file – profit

• Domin February 19, 20192:45 pm

After loading the bios of the 45TUD3LR.F8 file the CPU is not working, I recall it is the REV 1.0
            What to do?

• LiveDead February 19, 20194:38 pm

if the processor is working and correctly installed, then I don’t know any more reasons, because e5472 and x5482 were launched on this board

• Domin February 19, 20195:09 pm

the processor in the 771 folder is not working, there are 2 bios files
            which one to choose? does not work xeon E5472
            remind you that this is the REV1.0 disc

• LiveDead February 19, 20195:21 pm

try both, any bios will do, revision does not play a role – bios for different revisions are the same

• JLo January 28, 20194:47 am

Hi!

Worked:
    ASUS P5B (P965)
    X5450 (C0)
    ~3,4GHz (rock solid)

becomes unstable above 3.5GHz, I assume due to Mainboard limitations

Cheers!

• Aleks January 30, 20192:14 pm

подскажите где мне взять модбиос MSI G41M-S0

• LiveDead January 31, 201912:51 am

если от G41M-P28 не подходит, и рисковать не хочется, то биос можно модифицировать, это займет минут 15 если всё читать, ничего сложного

• Name February 1, 201911:54 am

I also have an issue. I tried to install E5440 on P5KPL-E. I downloaded the newest BIOS, used MMTool to apply Xeon (067A) microcodes, then I flashed the BIOS using built in EZ flash 2 tool. After that I swapped the CPU. At first BIOS was showing old CPU clock (2,66GHz instead of 2,83GHz) but resetting it to the default settings solved that problem. I also disabled the power saving feature, just in case.
    Windows started normally but it was unusable. Basically a slideshow. CPU usage on all 4 cores was about 50%, task manager.exe was warkibg all the time, most processed weren’t assigned to users.
    As it started nicely, shutting it down took forever, now it fails to load – startup/Windows animation is laggy and after that screen goes blank.

Definitely something is wrong. Any ideas?

• Name February 1, 20194:26 pm

I found a solution – I disabled Intel® C-STATE in the BIOS. Everything loaded fine. Almost.

BIOS still reads wrong CPU temps (as if Tmax was 100C) and there’s no way to change it. It also means that CPU fan always operates at high rpm and it’s very loud. and annoying. I’m very disappointed with the mod, I think I’ll buy Q9400 instead of E5440, there should be no compatibility issues.