For example, the Xeon E5450 is equivalent to a 3.0 GHz Core 2 Quad Q9650, and it currently costs about $6 on eBay (usually much less than the Q9650).

• Ver January 25, 20202:11 pm

Материнская плата ASUS P5GC-MX / 1333
    Скажите пожалуйста какой xeon можно поставить? И вообще , можно ли поставит.? После прошивки.

• JonBenz January 27, 202010:28 pm

ASUS P5Q Deluxe + x5406 E0 working!
    Intel Eaglelake P45
    ICH10R

I made this MOD work on a ASUS P5Q – Deluxe with a X5460 E0 stepping

With the latest BIOS from ASUS v2301 the system recognize the CPU but it gives a warning telling that you should update your BIOS to unleash all the features in the processor (you can skip that warning but the system won’t boot).

After i installed the Modified BIOS, the warning message is gone and system boot perfectly.

I am getting 43 degrees on stock. I will begin to overclock this cpu.

• Pat January 31, 20206:59 am

Mod done on ASUS P5QL-E running a X5460
    System is stable, however some programs report problems with the SSE 4.1 and missing instructions (So far only UbiSoft games) even with instructions added, currently investigating.

Other than that no issues

• Robert February 6, 20202:35 am

Dell Optiplex 380 and 780 works with the X3350 CPU

• Ste February 13, 20206:56 am

Hi there I got myself a ASUS P5K64 WS mobo running pretty, I bought a xeon X5470 to breath some new life into it. According to the mobo compatibility charts my mobo shud be compatible with a xeon x5470, I been trying everything in my power to make it work, bios flashing and all the rest but to no vail. I followed all the troubleshooting guides i cud find and been reasearching on the net in case I was missing something, no matter what I did I’m still stucked. Any help or tip will be greatly appreciated, cheers!

• Игорь February 15, 202011:44 pm

G41MT-S2PT проц Intel Xeon E5430 невозможно установить Windows 8.1 так как процессор не поддерживает CompareExchange 128 какую прошивку биос поставить ?

• najime78 February 16, 20201:49 am

Good morning all.

I got a GA-X48T-DQ6 (rev. 1.1) motherboard with chipset x48

I dont know what cpu to use,and having problems figgering out between x5 en x3 series cpu.

Im looking for a xeon that is compatible with my motherboard (for example a 1600 bus speed or 1300 quadcore)

Could someone tell what cpu i can use?

would help me out big time..!!

Thank you.

Regards,

najime

• ingus February 16, 20205:46 am

do i need custom bios for nforce 680 sli? if so can you send me custom bios??

• Jim March 2, 20206:13 am

QUESTION for ANYONE who has any idea about the dual core Xeon 50xx series CPUs (like the 5060). They seem different from all the other models as they have hyperthreading. The 5060 has 3.2GHz clock speed with only 667MHz FSB, so I’m wondering weather it would be good for overclocking on motherboards with the dreaded FSB wall, as is the case with G31/G41 motherboards. Most of these Xeons have a 120w TDP, but a couple are 90w and they would probably be the ones I’d go for. I’m not sure if they would even work, or if they do, would having HT on these chips would require different microcodes a bios mod? I guess if nobody has tried it I could just buy one and give it a go, the CPUs are cheap enough. Any thoughts…?

• Alex March 6, 20204:06 am